Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Online Assignment #2, Mike Anheuser

My VALS results labeled me primarily as a striver and secondarily as an experiencer. I am impressed by how accurate this short survey portrayed my personality. If there is one thing I want to be seen as, it's fun loving. I truly think it is a waste of precious time to "sweat the small stuff". In addition, I'd rather not admit, but I do at times lack a sense of long-term focus like strivers do. As a consumer, I have been known to make impulse buys, but certainly within my financial boundaries. The one characteristic of a striver that doesn't apply to my personality is defining success by the dollar. Money is not the only thing in life. Friends, family and new experiences are what I look forward to each and every day.

My secondary category, experiencer, definitely compliments my personality. I am always showing brief enthusiasm about new possibilities, only to see it fade. Whether it be joining a new club, studying abroad, or even changing my major, I rarely follow through on these actions. As many experiencers do, I participate in multiple sports and social activities as an energy outlet. There is only so much time I can spend sitting on the couch watching TV before I regain the urge to do something. Lastly, I used to worried about buying what is "cool" and what would make me look good, but this is the one trait of experiencers that I do not posses. I've come to realize that there are more important aspects to living a healthy and successful life.

This survey was obviously not perfect, as I am sure I exhibit a few traits from each VALS category, but overall, it did a solid job of trying to label my personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment