Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

online assignment #2, Kexin Jiang


My VALS survey result suggests that I am primarily an experiencer and secondly an innovator. Before taking the survey, I have already taken a look at the descriptions of all these kinds and I have not expected this result. But actually it is very interesting because when I read the descriptions again for the two types that VALS categorizes myself, I feel like there are some traits showing that I belong to these types. The experiencers are described to be having most energy in “exercise, sports, outdoor recreation, and social activities.” As for me, I would like to do some sports or hangout with my friends rather than staying at home. I admit that I spend a lot on entertainment such as fashion, games, or traveling. But the trait that “becoming enthusiastic about new possibilities but are equally quick to cool” does not apply to myself. I am actually a very rational person and do not easily get enthusiastic about many things. And if I find something I really love, I will devote as much time as I can to do this thing. As for the second type, the innovators are depicted to be “successful, sophisticated, take-charge people with high self-esteem.” I always want to be a successful person and a leader but I am actually a kind of simple person with not very sophisticated background or life experience. Also as a consumer, I prefer products that are fashionable, not always certainly things that are niche or upscale. But in general, the results are very interesting to me, and make me think about a lot of things like how I perceive myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment