Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Online Assignment #2, Ayla Kress

         After taking the VALS survey I was categorized as firstly an innovator and then secondly as an experiencer. I feel that both categorizations correctly describe me as a person for the most part and only slightly differ from how I truly visualize myself. The innovator describes a person as “successful, sophisticated, take-charge” type of people, I’ve always strived to be as successful as I can be and was raised in a generally blessed sophisticated family with lots of variety as described by the VALS survey. I believe that creating an image for yourself is important as your reputation follows you everywhere, however being humble is also important to me, which could seem to go against the description of an innovator. Secondly, the “experiencer” categorization also fits me to a T; it’s described as a “young, enthusiastic, and impulsive consumer… motivated by self-expression.” I have always been looking to discover new things in the world, take risks, and live life to its fullest. I am a very active, outdoorsy person as well. I have been this way for most of my life as I have travel from a very young age and lived in many different parts of the world. Following the description of the VALS experiencer I also spend a large portion of my budget on entertainment and fashion such as concerts, vacations and shopping. Overall I feel the VALS survey is an accurate general description of me as a person touching on my love to live life to its fullest and take charge in doing so.


No comments:

Post a Comment