Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Online Assignment #1, Brendan Fellenz


1. I was born in Madison and grew up in Oregon, WI, a suburb fifteen minutes south of the city.  My whole life has been related to Madison and I definitely consider myself a local.  

2. I read the Wisconsin State Journal to keep me up to date on local news. I also read articles from the New York Times or Washington Post online to stay up to date on world issues.  I don’t watch much actual television, but if I am going to watch the news it is usually on CNN, MSNBC, or local stations.  I would have to say, however, that my favorite news source is NPR.  I don’t have as much time to listen to the radio since I don’t drive anywhere, but their website posts most of their shows, as well as synopses for all of their broadcasts.

3. I love Arrested Development, Portlandia, and New Girl.  I have gotten into the whole Netflix scene with everybody else in America, and it’s really nice to be able to go back and watch all of those shows whenever.  I also recently got into Parks and Recreation, and going back to childhood, I was and always will be the biggest fan of Rocket Power.

4. I have found that the word “brutal” has been increasingly finding its way into my vocabulary, and I myself am considering that a problem that needs fixing.  Other than that, there are a lot of phrases that are inside jokes between my friends and I, but they unfortunately would take me far too long to explain and would most likely prove uninteresting. 

5. I don’t know if I would consider this an annoying phenomenon, but it amazes me the amount of my friends that have been “twerking” on walls, houses, cars, etc.  Also to go along with twerking, Miley Cyrus has turned herself into a bit of a ridiculous piece of pop culture.  She has gone way down hill, but apparently she hasn’t figured that out yet.      

6. The bands I have been listening to non-stop are Typhoon, Grouplove, and Mother Falcon, and I would love to hear them before class.  Otherwise, I would love to hear “Rattlin’ Bones” by Preservation Hall Jazz Band.

7. I find this video really funny, it may not be for everyone but I consider it worth the watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment