Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Online Assignment #1, Sawyer Olson

1.     I was born in Sheboygan, WI, but have lived in Waupaca, WI my entire life. Waupaca is a town of about 6,000 people and is located two hours north of Madison.

2.     The New York Times and Huffington Post are the two sources I visit most frequently. I don’t follow a specific cable channel; however, I watch and appreciate the work of Anderson Cooper and Brian Williams. I also enjoy The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report as sources of news satire.

3.     For the most part, I am much more of a movie fanatic than a TV nut. Lately, I don’t find myself watching much TV, except for football. I usually catch up on Comedy Central shows online and through Twitter. Once I sink into my college schedule I’ll start getting back into Modern Family and will certainly enjoy my occasional dose of Family Guy.

4.     Over the summer I worked a monotonous job at a factory. While working there I found baseball to be a wonderful way to pass the time. The slow-paced nature of the game fit well with the job I was doing. Listening to the Brewers Radio Network, I began to enjoy Bob Uecker’s commentating and his numerous catch phrases. The one I enjoy the most, and still use on occasion, is “How about that one folks!?”

5.     I’m not sure if it can be considered a “pop culture phenomenon,” but in general, I don’t understand rap music. How someone can be pleasured by listening to quickly spoken words accompanied by electronically generated “music” is a ‘phenomenon’ I have yet to understand.


6.     Just to observe the classes reaction, Prof. Wells should turn on the Spice Girls “If You Wanna Be My Lover."

7.   Prof. Wells' video compelled me to post something similar: 




No comments:

Post a Comment